Transforming Lives, Raising Leaders and Changing the World through the truth of the Gospel throughout Zimbabwe and the world.
Equip faithful men and women for the work of the ministry by teaching spiritual truths, imparting biblical knowledge, providing practical ministry opportunities, and grounding them in the message of God’s unconditional love and grace.
- ‘WE STIR’ – We believe in
- Word Centred – The Word of God is the foundation and final authority for our doctrine, practice and decisions in life
- Excellence – Doing our best, being efficient and giving our all in all we do because the stakes are eternal
- Servant hood - Following Jesus’ example of laying down our lives and giving up our rights for the benefit of others
- Teamwork – Working together to achieve more than our individual efforts
- Integrity – Being transparent, honest, genuine and approachable in our lives and ministry, upholding strong moral principles and uprightness
- Relational – Keeping people our focus more than the task or business at hand
We expect all students of Charis Bible College to conduct themselves to the best of their abilities, in agreement with the teachings of Jesus, both at college and off, at all times while enrolled as students.
Charis Bible College has three basic standards by which students' progress is measured: grace, servant-hood, and character. Detailed below are "guideposts" by which the working out of these truths may be measured, not a formula by which these qualities may be attained. As a believer we already possess everything we need in Christ, but must yield our souls and bodies so that these qualities are manifested in our thoughts and actions.
Grace: Second Peter 1:2-3, "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, according as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue." Charis is the Greek word for grace. The grace of God is God's favour given to every believer who by faith puts his or her trust in Jesus Christ. Grace is multiplied in students’ lives as they relate with other people. The grace of God, His ability working in them, is manifested as they are willing to listen and understand the heart of the teachers and fellow students, as they exercise forgiveness, as they see the best in people and overlook human faults, and as they are enabled to work with those they may disagree with.
Servant hood: As disciples of Jesus Christ, students at Charis Bible College value and walk in humility and servant hood. They are willing to put the needs of others ahead of their own desires, and find opportunities on their own to serve the school, staff, fellow students, and others.
Character: It is defined by the example of our Lord Jesus Christ and further explained by the writers of the Bible. This is measured by the students’ attendance record, faithfulness in paying tuition, obeying rules, and living by the highest moral and ethical standards.